How do you prevent athlete's foot in the future?
If you want to keep your feet healthy in the future, there are a few simple steps you can take. Keeping your feet dry clean and dry is of utmost importance and should be top of your list.
Here are some other foot care tips for fungus-free feet:
- Wear flip-flops or sandals in public changing rooms
- After you have a bath or shower, dry your feet carefully, especially between your toes
- Put on clean socks every day
- Rotate your shoes, especially gym shoes. Don't wear the same pair every day
- Always take off sweaty sports shoes when you have finished using them. If your shoes are sweaty or wet, let them dry out before you put them on again
- Take your shoes off at home and let your feet ‘breathe’
- Wear sandals when you can
- Wear cotton, silk, or wool socks rather than synthetic (nylon) ones. Wear shoes made of leather or canvas. These let your feet breathe more than plastic shoes